PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Protecting your privacy and your personal information is important to Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited (ABN 48 048 279 277) (Computershare). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as well as other applicable laws and regulations affecting your personal information, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and ASX Settlement Operating Rules.
Computershare provides a range of securities registry services to securities issuers (Issuers) including registering securities transfers, facilitating communications from Issuers to their securityholders, facilitating the payment of distributions or dividend payments, handling securityholder enquiries on behalf of Issuers and recording changes to securityholdings.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In its capacity as securities registrar, Computershare collects personal information about securityholders which may include name and address details, securityholding balances, tax file numbers, bank account details and e-mail addresses.
We may collect personal information about you:
· from an application form, registration form, securities transfer form or verbally if you contact our call centre or speak to our staff directly;
· through your access of our internet site www.computershare.com.au;
· from the Issuer of your securityholding; or
· from a securities exchange.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect personal information about you that is necessary to perform our functions and activities. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to effectively maintain your securityholding.
Computershare may collect your personal information:
· to provide relevant Issuers and you with registry and registry related services, or with other information you have requested;
· to inform you of other products or services offered by Computershare and its related bodies corporate;
· to perform other administrative and operational functions (including systems development and testing, staff training and market or customer satisfaction research);
· to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or suspected fraud or crime); and
· as required by relevant laws and regulations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Computershare may disclose your personal information:
· to our related bodies corporate;
· to other companies or individuals who assist us in supplying our services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as mail houses or digital mail providers who send Issuer communications to securityholders;
· to Issuers for whom we maintain securities registers;
· to third parties in accordance with an Issuer’s directions where this is related to the Issuer’s administration of securityholdings;
· to your authorised agents or your executor, administrator or legal representative;
· to regulatory authorities, such as disclosing your tax file number to the Australian Taxation Office, or as otherwise required to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements;
· where required or authorised by law to do so; or
· to anyone to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Computershare will only disclose your personal information to a third party for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to provide you with a service that you requested.
Under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) certain information about you as securityholder must be included in the public register of the entity in which you hold securities and therefore this information will be disclosed and is in the public domain.
Disclosure of your personal information overseas
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may access, correct and update the personal information that we hold about you.
Please contact the relevant Computershare office at the address set out on the documentation sent to you in relation to your securityholdings. If your securityholding is broker sponsored, you need to contact your broker to update your registered name or address.
To ensure the integrity and safety of the securityholder's personal information, Computershare will only disclose personal information to securityholders if our internal procedures are satisfied. Depending on the nature of your request, we may ask you to complete a personal information request form. In certain cases we may charge you a fee for this service but we will inform you at the time.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We protect any personal information that we hold about you from misuse and loss. We also protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Your personal information can only be accessed by people properly authorised to have access. Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy documents or electronically.
We maintain physical security, such as locks and security systems, over our paper and electronic data stores and premises. We also maintain computer and network security, such as through the use of firewalls and other security measures such as identification codes and passwords to control access to computer systems.
MARKETING AND PRIVACY
Computershare may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about, and develop, products and services in relation to its registry services. You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish us to do so on 1300 850 505 or + 61 39415 4000 outside Australia.
HOW CAN YOU HELP PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
You can help us protect your privacy by:
· keeping your Securityholder Reference Number or Holder Identification Number confidential and secure; and
· contacting us immediately when you change contact details, such as your address.
If you would like any further information or wish to make a complaint please contact our Privacy Officer. We will respond to a complaint as soon as possible but within 10 working days to let you know who is responsible for managing your complaint. We will also try to resolve the complaint within 10 working days. When this is not possible, we will contact you within that time to let you know how long it will take to resolve the complaint.
Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are: email@example.com or you can write to us at:
Computershare Investor Services Pty Ltd
Yarra Falls, 452 Johnson Street
Abbotsford Vic 3067