This page provides definitions for commonly used financial terms.
- Relating to a transaction, such as moving securities from one holding to another without using a broker outside a formal market
- The price a seller is willing to accept for a security
- A security which gives the holder the right to buy (call option) or sell (put option) at a known fixed price (exercise price) up until the expiry date
- A security which carry voting rights and entitlement to dividends. This is the most common class of securities
- A situation in which the value of applications received for a new share issue, exceed the amount available to be allocated